The Schools and Libraries Program, commonly known as E-rate, provides discounts for telecommunications, internet access and internal connections to eligible schools and libraries.Discounts range from 20 to 90 percent, with higher discounts for higher poverty and rural schools and libraries. Recipients must pay some portion of the service costs.
- Public, private and non-profit K-12 schools
- Public and many private libraries
- Head Start, pre-K, adult education, juvenile justice programs
What Services are Eligible?
Category 1 Services:
- Data Transmission Services and/or Internet Access
Category 2 Services:
- Internal connections and Managed Internal Broadband Services (MIBS)
- Basic Maintenance of Internal Connections (BMIC)
How Do I Apply?
All applicants must have access to the E-rate Productivity Center (EPC), an online portal through which all forms and applications are submitted.
New users? Contact the E-rate Program team at 1-888-203-8100 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
1. Competitive bidding and filing an FCC Form 470
2. Evaluating bids and selecting a service provider
3. Applying for discounts and filing an FCC Form 471
4. Application review and follow-up
5. Starting services and filing an FCC Form 486
6. Invoicing and filing an FCC Form 472 (BEAR form) or FCC Form 474 (SPI Form)
FY2020 Filing Window
January 15, 2020 – March 25, 2020
DES E-rate SPIN/498 ID: 143004490
On October 9, 2018, Dagostino Electronic Services held a webinar detailing the federal E-rate program, eligible products and services, and how to apply. You can watch a recording of the webinar below.
Download Presentation as PDF